PINOYSABROAD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFW ANTI HOMESICK

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inPhilippines to USA Visa I_icon_mini_message

Philippines to USA Visa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MagicMan1347

Philippines to USA Visa Empty
PostSubject: Philippines to USA Visa   Philippines to USA Visa I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Until 1965, immigration from the Philippines to the USA was much restricted owing to the discriminatory USA immigration law.

However, once the immigration law was reformed, Philippine immigration to the US increased by leaps and bounds and today it is one of the important countries which send immigrants to the US and it is necessary to have a brief overview of the know hows of Philippines to USA Visa .

Immigrant Visa :
A Philippine citizen who wishes to permanently immigrate to the United States must have a petition approved by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before applying .

The petition is to be filed either by a relative or a potential employer at a USCIS office in the United States.
For the Family-Sponsored (IR or F) category, application has to be made by beneficiary of an approved Form I-130 petition.
For the Employment-Based (E) category, application has to be made by beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 petition.
For the Special Immigrant visa category, excepting a qualified current or former US Government employee, an applicant needs I-360 petition approved by the USCIS.

Investors have to file Form I-526 petition with the USCIS.
A Philippine spouse or fiancé(e) of a US citizen can apply for a non-immigrant K visa with an approved I-129F petition.

Documents Required for Immigrant Visa :

1. Valid passport for at least six months.

2. DS-230 Parts I and II Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Forms.

3. Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper.

4. Applicants aged 16 years and above must have valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) . For immigration purposes, NBI clearance is considered valid only for a year from the date of issue.

5. Police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than a year (six months for applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years old. Information on how to get police certificates can be obtained by contacting U.S. Embassy Manila's Immigrant Visa Branch

6. Marriage certificate (If applicant is married in the Philippines issued by the National Statistics Office

7. If never married, a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)

8. Evidence of financial support

9. Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (AOS) is required for visa applicants in all family-sponsored categories (IR and F) and certain E visa categories.

10. Form I-134 Affidavit of Support is required for returning residents (SB-1), fiancé(e)s or spouses of US citizens (K1, K3), children of K1 and K3 applicants, spouses and children of LPRs, and others.

11. Two colored photographs

Immigrant Visa Fee :

Each individual applicant for immigrant visa (irrespective of age) has to pay US $ 380 to cover the application and processing fees. The fees for immigrant visas can be paid either in cash, travelers check or US Postal Order at the Embassy's Consular Cashier (in case these have not been paid to the National Visa Center)

Non Immigrant Visa :

The non-immigrant visas are necessary to enter the US for various kinds of purposes and in various capacities. Some of the types of nonimmigrant visas are:

business (B-1)
tourism, visit to relatives and friends(B-2)
for visiting as representatives of foreign governments (A & G)
transit (C)
crewmen (C-1/D)
treaty traders and investors (E)
students in academic or language programs (F)
temporary workers and trainees (H)
journalists (I)
exchange visitors (J)
fiancé(e)/spouse of U.S. citizens (K)
intra-company transferees (L)
students in vocational or other nonacademic programs (M)
temporary workers of extraordinary ability (O)
athletes and entertainers (P)
cultural exchange visitors (Q)
religious (R)
NAFTA Derivative (TD).
Procedure for application for non-immigrant visa :

Submission of Documents including:

Valid Passport for at least six months
Payment of Visa fee: Each non-immigrant visa applicant (excepting those for diplomatic (A), official (G), certain American Government sponsored exchange visitors (J), and certain NAFTA treaty nationals (TN) and treaty dependents (TD) visa) must pay the machine-readable visa application fee equal to US $100. This fee can be paid at any designated branch of Citibank or Bank of the Philippine Islands and must be paid in Philippine currency at the American Government exchange rate.
Form DS-156
Form DS-157
One 2 x 2 standard, full- faced color photo against a white background taken within the last six months. It should be signed (full name) at the back by the applicant, and must be glued to the application form where specified.
Extension of stay/change of status - Copies of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approvals of extension of stay or change of status, if applicable.
Proof of relationship (if applying with dependent/s) such as: Original marriage certificate, Original birth certificate, etc.
• Appointment for Interview:

Applicants (excepting for visa categories A-1, A-2, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, and C-3 ) are to fix appointment as early as possible for interview by obtaining a confirmation number (applicants can call at 1-909-101-7878 , if in Philippines, or at 1-888-877-9888 if in US mainland)

• Processing during interview:

Nonimmigrant visa applicants between the ages of 14-79 ages will have to undergo finger scanning at the time of interview

Applicants requiring interpreters must inform the interviewing officer at the day of their interview
Upon concluding, the applicant will be advised whether he/she qualifies for the visa
Back to top Go down

Philippines to USA Visa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PINOYSABROAD :: COUNTRIES :: U.S.A-
Jump to: